The Bear Grylls Ultimate Serrated Knife emerged from the experience of two different entities; Gerber and Bear Grylls. Gerber is a renowned knife and gear expert with over 70 years of experience. On the other hand, Bear Grylls has outstanding experience in adventure and outdoor survival techniques. Therefore, Bear knows all the essential aspects of being a survivor in extreme conditions.
Gerber 31-000751 Bear Grylls Survival series ultimate knife is designed to offer various solutions within any type of environment. Ideally, this knife is designed with a fine edge that is integrated with a fire starter. Additional features include a sheath sharpener and a lanyard whistle.
- Designed by Bear Grylls!
- Comes with fire starter
- Includes a blade sharpener
- A lot of controversy
- Some people complained about the quality of the pommel
Gerber Bear Grylls Survival Series have the features outlined below.
- A texturized and ergonomic rubber grip to reduce slippage and maximize comfort.
- Balanced design for optimum handling with an overall length of 10-inches. Moreover, it weighs 11.2 ounces exclusive of the sheath.
- ½ serrated drop point blade manufactured from high carbon stainless steel. Such edges are ideal for cutting rope and edge retention.
- Includes an emergency whistle integrated into the lanyard cord. The lanyard cord helps the user keep track of the knife while the emergency whistle is useful in attracting attention when in danger or possibly lost.
- It has a stainless steel pommel integrated at the base of the handle for hammering.
- Its sheath is designed from military-grade nylon sheath. Hence, it is lightweight and resistant to mildew. It is well constructed to retain the knife in various ways and attach it to the gear. Additional features of the sheath include a fire starter and a diamond sharpener that enhances on-the-go sharpening.
- Packaged with a pocket guide that teaches users major priorities of wilderness survival.
Features a sharp and durable blade to handle tough survival tasks. Its 4.5-inch drop-point blade is built to offer versatility admired by hunters, adventurers and backpackers. A half serrated blade eases the work of cutting rope among other fibrous materials. The knife’s overall durability and excellent edge retention are made possible due to two major reasons. First, its full-tang constructions. Second, the hard stainless steel used in the design of the knife.
Ergonomic and innovative design to enhance versatility. Survival tools are expected to be easy to handle. This Ultimate knife is designed with a comfortable and rubberized grip with adequate texture to prevent slippage. Apart from enhancing grip, the handle can also be useful as a fishing spear. Furthermore, the handle base is integrated with a stainless steel pommel that is useful for hammering or pounding.
Bear Grylls Survival Series is a special tool for survivors. The Ultimate Knife is definitely the pinnacle among other survivor series. Each item in the package is designed thoughtfully with excellent features that can keep a smart adventure in the wilderness alive. Its intricate design is loaded with interesting innovations not found in other fixed blade knifes. Moreover, the “Priorities of Survival” guide helps users in checking their instincts against the experience – based advice from experts.
See It in Action with Bear Grylls himself!